The Scott Business Association will award at least 4 scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each to a High School Graduate in 2021.
Scholarships will be awarded to a graduates of Acadiana High School and from Carencro High School.
The fourth scholarship will be awarded to a graduate of other educational institution and/or home school whose parent is either a SBA Member, or business owner in the City of Scott, or a resident of Scott.
The graduate must be planning to attend college in the Fall of the same year.
Applications will be available at a future date to be announced.
Applications will be distributed throughout local Scott businesses, Acadiana High and Carencro High.
An official high school transcript including ACT scores and two letters of reference must be submitted with the application.
Additional applications may be secured by emailing email@example.com
Applicants will be judged with equal emphasis on:
(1) educational preparation of candidate
(2) desire of the candidate to attend college
(3) community and/or civic involvement
(4) financial need
(5) content and completeness of application
Winners will be selected by the Scott Business Association Scholarship Committee.
Top candidates will be selected on the basis of written applications and essays.
All information submitted by the applicant will be held in strict confidence by the scholarship committee, and by applying the applicant consents that the given information will be used for scholarship purposes only.
1) Nominee must complete the scholarship application and fulfill all requirements. Deadline for application to be received by the Scott Business Association will be announced.
2) Nominee must be a Scott resident or attend school at Acadiana High School or Carencro High School, and must be planning to attend college in the Fall of the same year.
3) The scholarship is not transferable and may not be sold or used by anyone other than the applicant. If the winner cannot attend college in the Fall of the same year of graduation, the Scholarship Committee must be notified.
4) If selected, the winners will be asked to attend the Scott Business Association’s Business After Hours in Scott.
5) The scholarship will be awarded to the selected students upon presentation of an acceptance letter from the intended university or college.